Friday 8 March 2013

First day & New Appartment


So Mr Kim, who picked me up from my orientation, spoke great English on our journey from daejeon to Seosan, which helped break up the 2 hour car journey. He took me straight through Seosan off to my school where I could meet my co-teacher straight away since were behind schedule. The fact that I was picked up late put made my first day really fast paced and left little time for proper greetings. When I arrived at my school I was greeted by my co-teacher and the previous Korean English teacher, but initially my co-teacher was really shy to talk to me.

A meal which I had no idea how to eat
Because time was limited I was taken to my apartment, where I unloaded my stuff, the previous Korean English teacher showed me around, everything they’d replaced and bought for me, which I thanked them for, and then we quickly made our way back to the school so I could meet my principal. Again our meeting was short and brief and heavily reliant on the translation of my co-teacher and the previous Korean English teacher. From there we got lunch at a small place opposite the school, which was a meal that I had no idea how to eat and I felt completely like a baby but Mr Kim and the two English teachers were more than happy to help me.

From there I was whisked away into Seosan city centre to open a bank account and apply for my alien registration card. While we were there the other teachers departed and my co-teacher showed me around the transport system and showed me how to get back to my apartment. We both live in the same block so it was completely convenient for her to show me which buses to get and the prices/timetable.

By the time we got back it was around 6pm and I was exhausted. When I got back to my flat I spent the rest of the evening, removing all the crap that the native English teacher had left behind and cleaning. He mustn’t have cleaned the apartment the entire year he lived there but it’s ok now. It still needs another clean tbh.


Kitchen Diner

Living room

Master Bedroom

Bathroom

Spare bedroom

Balcony 
The apartment I live in though I’m more than happy with. It’s an LG apartment which apparently is really expensive, and is actually built for families. The one thing I’m happiest about is the western bathroom. It’s more than I could have asked for and right now it’s my biggest comfort. I wouldn’t give it up for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment